Friday, September 21, 2012

Look at your boy!!! I'm writing!

Look at your boy!!! I'm writing!

A lot of people don't know this about me, in whole because I've never told them, but I've always liked to write. I never thought that I would write a book or become a journalist, but it was just something that I enjoyed doing from time to time. I remember sitting in my parents office with an idea of a movie or TV show and I would sit there for hours typing out the idea(s). In fact, it became the most exciting thing I would do while I waited for my parents to come of their cramped office.

Oddly enough as I grew older, I buried that dream under what I called "life"...basketball, video games, criticism, and any other thing that I thought was more important. In my "old age", Ive realized that its more to write. In fact, if you get nothing else from this diatribe, please remember that you should never stop reading and writing. I'm thinking about my life now, dreams, thoughts now and I want to write about it. So, Ive decided to pick up the desire to write again.

And as I blow the dust off of this desire to write, I don't know where it will take me. I would like to write several books. I'm not sure if they'll be published or not, but at least I'm trying. Its like that episode of "A Different World", where Dewayne does a popular dance in Whitley's face to which she replied, "you're doing it wrong"! Dewayne replied with a line that has stuck in mind for many years.."but, I'm doing it"!!

Ive realized that its not all about knowing the "right/wrong" moves before you reach toward your dreams. The point of it is to make sure that you're at least reaching. Never stop believing...Never stop reaching!!

Until my next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment